Our Crowdfund launch is being rescheduled.
The steering group have made the decision to reschedule our crowdfund launch until July. A lot of factors have led to this decision, but the overarching reason is that we want to get this right and bring The Old Forge under community ownership in the most appropriate way (and as soon as possible!).
After lots of discussions and receiving advice from professionals supporting us, we now have a much clearer idea of what all our fundraising options are and how they fit together, and we have agreed that holding back on the crowdfund for now is the best way forward. This will afford us the time to work on other important jobs over the next couple of months to get the Society set up properly and be completely ready to launch an amazing crowdfund campaign. We are still in the process of registering the CBS officially and have not been able to set up a bank account yet which is essential before we can start receiving financial pledges.
Over the next few weeks we will also be focussing on our applications to grant funding, and the success of these applications will help to further dictate the crowdfund total we need to push us over the finishing line and be able to put our offer in on the pub.
We’d like to say a huge thank you to everyone who has got in touch telling us they want to support our Crowdfund. You will still get your chance to make your mark on the Forge and be part of this exciting opportunity – we’re just asking you to hang fire for a wee bit longer!