Progress update 27.03.21
A wee progress update.
March has been a busy month behind the scenes, and we wanted to keep folk up-to-date on where we are.
We instructed a valuer and structural surveyor who have viewed the property. This information will feed in to finalising our funding target and aspects of the business plan.
We are working with a team of consultants from Skye to create a business plan. This document will be required for any future grant applications or share offers, and will set out a viable business model to follow should the community bid be successful. Our consultants are conducting desk-based research at the moment and we hope to have them over for a visit and to view the pub around May.
We are still in discussions with Community Shares Scotland to finalise the best model CBS rules to register the group formally. We have to take in to account the eligibility requirements for any future grant applications (ie. the second stage Scottish Land Fund which we have been invited to apply for) and ensure that our constitution is set up in a way that is suitable. This has taken a lot of zoom calls and discussions, but we’re getting there and hope to have a final decision made imminently. In line with the CBS set up, we are also looking at the various funding options available to us to work out what combination will work best.
If you have any questions, comments or ideas at any time please get in touch! Pop a message to our social media pages or email email@example.com
Photo (c) Mark Harris.